Can body shop add finance charges on unpaid storage bill in pa. without signature of owner

Earleville, MD |

three yrs storage. on and off contact , payment agreement made and started when finance charges were add without agreement of car owner.

Check the contract, receipt, estimate, "on and off contact" letters, emails, or notes of phone calls, and anything else in writing from the shop, as well as their displayed policies, and see what they can claim you agreed to. If there's nothing, then they can't.

But 3 years is a long time, and obviously a history about this, so I suspect there's more to this story then this 2 line query. See your own business litigator for help.

Avvo doesn't pay us for these responses, and I'm not your lawyer just because I answer this question or respond to any follow-up comments. If you want to hire me, please contact me. Otherwise, please don't expect a further response. We need an actual written agreement to form an attorney-client relationship. I'm only licensed in CA and you shouldn't rely on this answer, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it's impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business