Came to the US with a visa and got married with my boyfriend.

Lake Worth, FL |

hello, I entered the US with a visa and married my boyfriend which is a US citizen. I haven't overstayed my visa. Is there any thing I can do to permanently live in th US with my husband?

1. You can apply for a green card through your spouse.

2. Hire an immigration attorney and apply for a green card based on marriage to your U.S. Citizen husband. Good Luck!

3. I agree with my colleagues. However, hiring a competent and experienced immigration attorney will help ensure that there are no delays unless complications are discovered. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.

4. Yes. It appears you are eligible for adjustment of status which is the process of becoming a lawful permanent resident of the United States based upon your marriage. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can explain the process to you in detail, what to expect, and the best way to proceed given the facts of your case.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.