Skip to main content

Came to the US with a visa and got married with my boyfriend.

Lake Worth, FL |
Filed under: Immigration Green cards

hello, I entered the US with a visa and married my boyfriend which is a US citizen. I haven't overstayed my visa. Is there any thing I can do to permanently live in th US with my husband?

Attorney Answers 4


You can apply for a green card through your spouse.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree


Hire an immigration attorney and apply for a green card based on marriage to your U.S. Citizen husband. Good Luck!

Mark as helpful

6 lawyers agree


I agree with my colleagues. However, hiring a competent and experienced immigration attorney will help ensure that there are no delays unless complications are discovered. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


Yes. It appears you are eligible for adjustment of status which is the process of becoming a lawful permanent resident of the United States based upon your marriage. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can explain the process to you in detail, what to expect, and the best way to proceed given the facts of your case.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics