Skip to main content

Cam I leave the country and come back with a misdemeanor ..I have a green card

Los Angeles, CA |
Filed under: Immigration Green cards

I have green card

Attorney Answers 4

  1. More information on the crime is needed before this question can be answered.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

  2. Depends on the misdemeanor. I strongly recommend obtaining a disposition and taking that to an experienced immigration attorney to make sure.

    This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

  3. I agree with my colleagues. We would need to know more about the nature of the misdemeanor before advising you. - Disclaimer: This a general answer to your legal question. Unless you have a signed engagement letter with me, you should not consider this information to be legal advice.

  4. I agree with my colleagues. An experienced immigration attorney who has reviewed all the paperwork related to the misdemeanor and talked to you in detail about the incident, should be able to guide you.

    This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics