California Worker’s Comp.; My Judge, Vacated Submission”; what does that mean?

Anaheim, CA |

California Worker’s Comp.; My Judge, Vacated Submission”; 3 weeks after the Trial; what does that mean? This was a permanent disability rating trial; the Judge issued an order vacating submission; and referred the matter to DEU. What does that mean?

At the trial date, the judge submitted the case to himself for a decision. After reviewing things, he decided that the rating was tricky enough that he didn't want to do it himself and so he sent it over to the rating bureau (another part of the court system) to do the rating. To do this, he had to "unsubmit" the case. Once the rating is received, both sides will have a period of time to object to the informal rating and then the judge will re-submit the case for decision.

When the Judge, re-submits the case; will he be using all of the information from the Trial?

Brett A. Borah

Brett A. Borah

Yes.

Brett A. Borah

Brett A. Borah

Once the case is "re-submitted" the judge has up to 90 days to make his decision....unless he again "unsubmits" the case for some other reason.

Thank you

Marjory Harris

Marjory Harris

This has been my experience too.

I assume that you have an attorney that got you this far but if not I would suggest that you contact someone like Mr Borah who is here to assist you.

The disability evaluator will simply take the medical report from the judge and calculate your disability based upon the Americam Medical association guidelines. This is not a bad thing at all.

we will not take any action on this case until we have a signed retainer agreement