California restricted License. Can I drive while looking for a job?

Asked almost 5 years ago - Santa Rosa, CA

I am getting a restricted license in Ca. I understand I can drive to and from work, but Im currently unemployed. Can I drive while I am looking for work?

1. Antonio Arturo Cota

Answered . Nobody worth their salt is going to advise you that you should do this. The restrictions will be strictly interpreted and don't allow open-ended travel of the type you'd typically see in a job search. My suggestion is that you use public transport, a taxi, or a friend to get to interviews. The aggravation is probably a lot less than an arrest, fine and impound fees would be if you get caught driving yourself.

Good luck with the job hunt.

2. John M. Kaman

Pro

Answered . No. The restrictions mean exactly what they say. Think about it. If you could drive to look for work you could be driving almost anytime of day all day long. That's not what a restricted license is designed to let you do.