California HOA membership--optional?

Asked about 2 years ago - Riverside, CA

I am in a dispute with my HOA. There is a long -term trespassing dispute where they have installed equipment on my property outside of an easement. I sent them a bill, which has been ignored. To retaliate, they have voted to remove me from the membership completely. Can they do this? The last version of CCRs that I have says only that they can restrict one's right to vote. They seem to change rules and regulations willy nilly to suit their whim or to avoid dealing with issues.

1. Frank Wei-Hong Chen

1

1

Answered . No, if the real property is subject to recorded CC&Rs, membership in the HOA is not optional.

It appears you need an attorney to review, analyze and explain the CC&Rs to you to ascertain your rights and remedies.