California domestic violence laws, how can a victim get charges dropped

My husband and I had an arguement and he did hit me and was arrested that day and released the same day. The officers said they would take him to cool down. i called the arresting officer to have the charges dropped, but they still decided to file charges against him. the D.A. is offering him 15 days in jail and I really don't want that, we have three children and a mortgage and I am a stay at home mom, and we will lose everything if he goes to jail. I don't know what to do, and I don't know if there is anything that I can do to stop the D.a. from prosecuting him Plaeas help

Rancho Cucamonga, CA -

Alan Roel Rothstein

Alan Roel Rothstein

Family Law Attorney - Daly City, CA

First of all, this is a criminal law problem and you need to consult a criminal attorney or the public defender for advice. However, you might try calling the District Attorney and explaining your situation. The District Attorney's role is to protect you and the rest of the public from an abuser. If your husband does not get help it is likely his abuse will become worse. There are agencies to help battered wives in San Bernardino County CA. Call the Family Court Services Office in the Superior Court and ask for a referral to a battered wives assistance program. Call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE to find specific resources in your area.

Sponsored Listing