California Code of Civil Procedure Section 1005

Asked over 4 years ago - Lakewood, CA

States that a Response must be provided 9 days before trial. We go to trial on Tues. so there will be no Response to my Declaration. The Minor's Counsel spoke with my ex-wife's lawyer and he confirmed and said that none will be filed.
What will the Judge's legal reaction and potential ruling on this.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Pamela Koslyn

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . No one can Avvo knows anything about what you've filed, so no one is going to be able to have any response to what the judge's potential ruling might be.

    If your ex has a lawyer, you're best off with one too, as pro per litigants generally don't do well in court representing themselves.

    Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,907 answers this week

3,515 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,907 answers this week

3,515 attorneys answering