CAD and suspended prosecution

Brooklyn, NY |
Filed under: Criminal defense

Does an CAD fall under prosecution or sentence deferred or suspended ?

You are probably referring to an ACD which is a conditional dismissal which a judge will grant on the offer of teh prosecutor and consent of your lawyer which says that if you remain arrest free for 6 months or a year the case will be dismissed and sealed and you will not have a criminal record. If you are arrested again and they discover that fact you will still have to face both the new and dismissed charges and the judge may give you a jail sentence as punishment for violating the ACD.Please choose "best answer" if this was helpful.

2. I'm not exactly sure what you are asking here. You might want to give just a little more information without giving too much. Thank you.

If this answer was helpful please click that block. Answers in the forum are only general and it is always best to contact a criminal defense lawyer to discuss your case. We handle NY, NJ and all Federal Court cases. Bukh Law Firm P.C., 14 Wall Street, New York NY 10005, (212) 729-1632. www.nyccriminallawyer.com

3. I presume you mean ACD. It is a dismissal after a set amount of time, with the same effect as a dismissal (though delayed until the future date) or acquittal at trial. It is not a sentence since there is no conviction, but a type of disposition of the case. ACD stands for Adjournment in Contemplation of Dismissal.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice which requires all the details, nor creates an attorney client relationship.