CAD and suspended prosecution

Asked over 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

Does an CAD fall under prosecution or sentence deferred or suspended ?

1. John J. Carney

Pro

2

Best Answer

Answered . You are probably referring to an ACD which is a conditional dismissal which a judge will grant on the offer of teh prosecutor and consent of your lawyer which says that if you remain arrest free for 6 months or a year the case will be dismissed and sealed and you will not have a criminal record. If you are arrested again and they discover that fact you will still have to face both the new and dismissed charges and the judge may give you a jail sentence as punishment for violating the ACD.Please choose "best answer" if this was helpful.

2. Arkady Bukh

Pro

3

Answered . I'm not exactly sure what you are asking here. You might want to give just a little more information without giving too much. Thank you.

3. Marco Caviglia

3

Answered . I presume you mean ACD. It is a dismissal after a set amount of time, with the same effect as a dismissal (though delayed until the future date) or acquittal at trial. It is not a sentence since there is no conviction, but a type of disposition of the case. ACD stands for Adjournment in Contemplation of Dismissal.