Cab a middle school, school security call me a name

Salem, OR |

I was at school and the school security called me to a room to talk to me i dont remember what we were talling about and he said ''you think your a badass'' and i was like dont call me that and then he tried toi tell me i had to sign a contract which i said i dont agree to your terms therefore i dont have to follow them so he said if you dont it will go worse for you if you dont but i still didnt sign it

While it may not have been very nice, there is not much recourse for an individual who is called a name. Now, the rest of your interaction with this adult is somewhat more problematic. You should talk about it with an adult you trust and have that adult talk to this security person to see what all the hullabaloo is about. You could also contact the juvenile right project through the Oregon State Bar for free confidential advice on such matters.

Oregon lawyers volunteer as Problem Solvers to offer free legal information and advice to children. Any young person between the ages of 11 and 17 can call to request a referral to this program. Volunteer attorneys agree to provide a free thirty-minute consultation. There are a limited number of attorneys in the program. Call to find out about availability in your area.

Hours: 8 am to 5 pm Monday-Friday
Phone: 503-684-3763 or toll-free in Oregon at 800-452-7636.

Disclaimer Information on this site is provided by Brian Scott Wayson as general information, not legal advice, and use of this information does not establish an attorney-client relationship. If you have questions about your specific situation, please call an attorney.

A middle school security guard can absolutely call you a "badass." Additionally, they can definitely say "You think you're a badass," because that's not even him calling you a name - that's him stating an opinion about what he believes you think about yourself.

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes