CA VC 20002 - Hit and Run, Vehicle Impounded

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

A "witness" tailed me and called the police stating that I committed a hit and run. He stated that I scraped a parked car with the passenger side of my car. Many squad cars showed up and I was cited for CA VC 20002 and towed my vehicle.

They also stated that if I agree that I committed the hit and run, they would not tow my car. I did not agree and my car was towed. I am still unaware of the "hit" and I don't know if I might have even scraped a parked car.

1) How soon can I get my car out of impound? I need to get personal items from inside and I also want to check for the "damage."

2) Also, if by some chance, I had in fact scraped the parked car unknowingly, can I get the ticket dismissed? (I researched and found that it is a misdemeanor and 1 point on my record).

1. Robert Laurens Driessen

12

1

Answered . This is not a speeding ticket this is a misdemeanor. You need an attorney.

2. Keith G Langer

12

Best Answer

Answered . You are facing criminal charges. You need a criminal defense attorney. It is that simple.

IF the court deems you indigent, counsel will be appointed for you. If not, you will have to provide your own attorney. The CA and LA bar associations can provide referrals.

The foregoing is for general information purposes and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Pro

12

Answered . You would want to retain a local criminal lawyer to defend.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  4. Michael Shemtoub

8

Answered . You need to get legal representation immediately! I would like to talk to you about this case.
    Check out my website below and give me a call for a free consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at Michael@Kingofpersonalinjurylaw.com
    www. KingofPersonalInjuryLaw.com
    I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

5. Scott J. Corwin

Pro

6

Answered . I agree with the responding attorneys. You need to hire a criminal defense attorney to represent you in your claim. I hope you found my answer helpful.

6. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

4

Answered . You need a criminal law attorney. Get one fast. You can get your car after 30 days unless it is being held for evidence. Best of luck.