CA Uninsured Motorist Hit and Run

Farmers says our uninsured motorist property damage endorsement does not apply since the other party cannot be identified. It was a hit and run. We met all the criteria you wrote about (physical contact, police report, insurance within 30 days). Can you give us any advice? It would be much appreciated.

1. It will be based on the policy language. Get a copy of your policy that discusses the UM/UIM coverage. If they are wrong, you may have a claim for bad faith. Worst case scenario, if you had collision and comprehensive coverage, you may be on the hook for your deductable. Best of luck

I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

2. Mr. Patrick is right. I would also counsel you to contact a local attorney to go over the policy. Trying to do this on your own is like trying to give yourself an appendectomy.

3. They are correct. For uninsured motorist bodily injury you meet all your criteria. However, for uninsured motorist property damage you must obtain a license plate or vin#. You Collision coverage will kick in, but you will be liable for the deductible

4. Something smells fishy in Denmark. Have a local lawyer who answered your question above review the terms of the policy.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com