CA Uninsured Motorist Hit and Run

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

Farmers says our uninsured motorist property damage endorsement does not apply since the other party cannot be identified. It was a hit and run. We met all the criteria you wrote about (physical contact, police report, insurance within 30 days). Can you give us any advice? It would be much appreciated.

1. Sean Michael Patrick

6

Answered . It will be based on the policy language. Get a copy of your policy that discusses the UM/UIM coverage. If they are wrong, you may have a claim for bad faith. Worst case scenario, if you had collision and comprehensive coverage, you may be on the hook for your deductable. Best of luck

2. Richard Andrew Harting

Pro

5

Answered . They are correct. For uninsured motorist bodily injury you meet all your criteria. However, for uninsured motorist property damage you must obtain a license plate or vin#. You Collision coverage will kick in, but you will be liable for the deductible

3. Alexander Mchenry Memmen

6

Answered . Mr. Patrick is right. I would also counsel you to contact a local attorney to go over the policy. Trying to do this on your own is like trying to give yourself an appendectomy.

Pro

4

Answered . Something smells fishy in Denmark. Have a local lawyer who answered your question above review the terms of the policy.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
One or more answers have been taken down.