CA landlord tenant law, tenant's rights to new carpet

Asked about 6 years ago - Pacific Palisades, CA

I LIVE IN THE GROUND FLOOR APT
DOES THE APT ABOVE ME NEED TO HAVE CARPETED FLOORS

1. Avvo Staff Moderator

Answered . Thanks for using Avvo. I am an Avvo Staff Moderator. To read more about our moderation team, follow the link below. Our current question volume may increase the response times of our loyal Avvo lawyer-answerers. My goal is to give you some preliminary information and guidance regarding your legal situation while you wait for an attorney in your area to respond.

http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/98101-wa-avvo-mod...

The California State Bar provides a wonderful public resource for tenants and I have posted the link. If you want to continue to occupy the premises, I would suggest you read through the information and then send your Landlord a formal letter stating your case. If that does not resolve the issue, you may want to consult with an CA lawyer. You can find Oakland area lawyers on Avvo (some of whom offer free consultations), or use the local Lawyer Referral Service by accessing the link.