CA Bail Forfeiture Question

Modesto, CA |

I was recently pulled over for talking on my cell phone the only time I didn't have my Bluetooth glued to my ear. I have since received a notice from the Stanislaus County Superior Court. this notice tells me to report to the local Superior Court on November 24th. Now the question I have is there is a line that says Bail Forfeiture in the amount of $151, is this what I have to pay even if I go to court? Everything else that I have read says that the fine should only be $20. I don't mind if I have to go to court if the fine is only $20. Is paying the $151 just a way of getting out of having to appear?

Forfeiting bail on a traffic matter is more commonly known as "paying the ticket." The forfeiture amount on your notice from the court is usually the standard fine the judge would charge if you appeared in court and entered a guilty plea or were convicted after a court trial.

How does a $20 fine turn into $151? With all of the additional fees the courts tack on, such as courthouse security fees and building funds. You can contact the clerk of the court to find out exactly what they add to get to that figure.

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets