Skip to main content

CA adoption law and procedure, international adoption procedures

Los Angeles, CA |
Filed under: Adoption

We adopt a child in the Philippines and he is 5 months now. We got him since he was born on April. What is the procedure and what document do I need?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Adoption is not do it yourself any more. You really do need a lawyer. An appropriate procedure for the Courts of your State to recognize the foreign adoption may be a bit complicated, so obtain a referral from your local bar association's office or from the State Bar office in Sacramento

Family law topics

Recommended articles about Family law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer