CA Infraction 22350 speeding 14 over speed limit ; Also infraction 12951A driving without license in possession

Asked over 1 year ago - Palos Verdes Estates, CA

I got a license after the ticket was issued; and there was traffic behind me and in front of me going at same speed

1. Nicholas Maurice Rosenberg

2

Answered . I agree that showing proof of your physical license, in other words the plastic one not a temporary paper, will help you and you may be able to get a dismissal of that infraction. Note that the driving without actual possession of your license is the kind of charge that can be charged as a misdemeanor, and the more convictions you get, the harsher the penalties tend to get. On the speeding violation, one point on your DMV unless you get traffic school, and, if it had been16 miles or more over the speed limit the fine goes up. Good Luck.

2. Neil James Fraser

1

Answered . So, everyone was breaking the law - you just happened to be the one who was pulled over. Getting your license will significantly reduce your fine. I'd pay it and be down with it.

3. Stephen Troy Allen

Answered . Set it for trial and hope officer does not show. Then your case would be dismissed. VC22350 requires the officer to prove that the speed was "unsafe for the conditions" and if he just says you were speeding, you may be found not guilty. This is different than VC22349.

22350. No person shall drive a vehicle upon a highway at a speed greater than is reasonable or prudent having due regard for weather, visibility, the traffic on, and the surface and width of, the highway, and in no event at a speed which endangers the safety of persons or property.