By the guidelines of child support I earn less than 800.00 a month . I am paying arrearage for three children.

Asked over 1 year ago - Columbia, SC

have tried to get it lowered through the family court . what can I do?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Graves H. Wilson Jr.

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . The family court will not lower money you already owe (the arrearage) but it might lower your monthly payments from the date you file forward. You need to get an attorney to help you with this process to make sure it is handled properly.

    This post is authored by an attorney licensed in South Carolina and written only about South Carolina law. The law... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,625 answers this week

2,949 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,625 answers this week

2,949 attorneys answering