By law is a severe reaction to a drug is to be rreported to the FDA? All unable to locate batch and lot number! Negligence?

Asked over 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

I had and continue to have severe damages/side effects from a kenalog injection. Pics here
Kenalog Injection Destroys Hand and Arm.
You can go to Facebook and type in Kimberly Ky A Greene and see the damage. Multiple doctors all agree it is the kenalog that traveled up my veins and lymph system.
I tried to report this to the FDA & notified the doctor office was to do the same. Office mngr lied and said she did and then back tracked. They are unable to locate any batch or lot number_not from the hosp pharm they picked it up from, not incoming to their office & not noted by doctor. She will not explain the policy to me. Are they required to keep track?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Joseph Younes

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . The Facebook link you provided does not work.

    It would seem to me that if you believe that the Kenalog you were injected with came from a batch which was recalled and the physician can not provide the batch and lot number, then you could theoretically pursue a cause of action for what is called "Spoliation of Evidence". This would have to simultaneously be filed with a Medical Malpractice lawsuit. You would have two years from the date you first learned of the side effect in which to file your lawsuit.

    Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

    Joseph Younes

  2. Anthony T. DiPietro

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Wow. I'm sorry this happened. Where was the injection? It seems this is NOT to be given IV. If your doctor administered it that way, that could be the problem. You should speak with an attorney in your State who handles medical malpractice cases as soon as possible. Good luck.

    New York Patient Safety & Medical Malpractice Attorney. Our top verdicts involve representing patients & their... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,532 answers this week

2,766 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,532 answers this week

2,766 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary