Buying house: fixtures.

Asked about 1 year ago - Bellevue, WA

Hi, I am buying a house. How to make sure the seller is aware what fixtures are and will not remove them?

1. Thuong-Tri Nguyen

2

Answered . To avoid any confusion, you can list out specifically what items are to remain in the property. That chandelier may or may be a fixture, depending on how it is attached to the house.

A day before closing, you should inspect the property to make sure things are what you expected.

You may want to have the seller to agree that escrow will hold back some money to make sure that the seller does everything the seller should be doing (including paying off utility bills).

2. Shawn B Alexander

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with the previous answer and simply state that the fixtures in the purchase and sale agreement are included and inspect prior to closing. Have your agent communicate the same as well.
    Good Luck

3. Vincent J. Gallo

2

Answered . Tell the seller to follow what is in the contract, as should you.