Business question.

Asked about 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

Wanted to receive information as to how entertainment management firms are set up. How are entertainment firms, which are formed for the purpose of managing entertainment careers, set up? Is a c corporation more ideal? Is an s corporation more ideal?

1. Celia R Reed

12

Answered . You need to sit down with a qualified business attorney, as well as an accountant to answer these questions. The answers will be specifically tailored to your needs. Avvo provides general information but not the detailed advice you need to proceed. Good luck.

2. Ivan Jose Parron

Pro

6

Answered . Consult with an entertainment attorney for advice.

3. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

5

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Do consult with an Attorney to address the specifics of your situation.

4. Daniel Novick

5

Answered . While there may be similarities between certain entertainment companies, each will be set up in its own way based on the specific facts of each case. The structure of the company will depend on how many partners/members/shareholders there are in the company, how many employees, how many divisions of the company, if any, you want, as well as tax considerations, and the way you are raising capital for the company. There are a number of other considerations as well.

Moreover, "management" may entail a number of aspects of the entertainment business and you may structure your company differently depending on how many services you will be offering to your clients.

Because the entertainment business has its own issues that are unique to it, you should certainly consult with a business attorney who specializes in the formation of entertainment businesses, before you make any decisions regarding the structure of your particular company.

5. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

3

Answered . I have done a great deal of this work in the entertainment field. Get all you contracts, contacts and legal team set up. S Corp is probably the way to go.

Andy Roberts
    (818) 597-0633

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777
  6. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

1

Answered . Your questions require an attorney/cpa to do a detailed fact finding before an answer could be rendered.
    You will definitely need professional help for the best result.