Business license?

Marietta, GA |

I have an online business as a reseller on Amazon.com and eBay. I need to register for a business license in Cobb County as well as with the Secretary of State. Upon reading the application for Cobb County there is a question regarding arrests and convictions. I have a criminal record to include a couple felonies all non-violent. All my cases are closed and the probation is completed. Will I be denied a business license because of my criminal history? I wanted some information before I go waste my money with the state and/or the county.

You should consult with a business attorney in Cobb County. Usually, if you have a criminal history, the licensing board will take into account: (1) the severity and reprehensibility of the offense(s), (2) the duration since the last offense(s), (3) have you taken responsibility, (4), truthfulness in your application, and (5) what things have you done since your last offense to reform yourself. Contact an attorney in your jurisdiction to obtain the best course of action for you.

The information provided is intended for informational purposes only and should not substitute for the advice and counsel of an attorney. This information does not constitute legal advice. We ask that you consult with a lawyer, as your facts are unique and because each situation requires analysis from many different perspectives. We cannot be responsible if you rely on information based on this website without the consultation of an attorney.

For a standard business license, it is unlikely that you would be denied. That would not be the case for specific licenses such as selling alcohol, etc. Filing with the secretary of state does not require these disclosures.

The above information is general in nature. In order to obtain more specific legal advice upon which to base your important decisions, you should consult with an attorney in person and retain one of your choosing. Robert M. Gardner, Jr. Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP Website: www.gadebtlaw.com or www.hicksmasseyandgardner.com EMAIL: hmgrmg@yahoo.com PHONE: (770) 307-4899 or (770) 538-0555 OFFICES: 53 W. Candler St. Winder, Ga. 30680 106 Washington Street Jefferson, Ga. 30549 718 Oak St. Gainesville, Georgia serving metro Atlanta and all of Northeast Georgia Bankruptcy, Divorce, Personal Injury, Worker’s Compensation, Medical Malpractice, Adoption, Civil and Criminal Litigation

Business topics