Skip to main content

Business Contracts for starting a small business

Whittier, CA |

I am starting a small business, for the nature of the business I need a non-disclosure agreements as well as a few other business contracts. Everyone I have spoken to charges hours $300-$400 and I would be looking about 3 hours of work. Are there any social services (free or inexpensive) that people can take advantage of for starting a small business? I am trying to start a small business but limit my initial spending. Thank you for reading this.

Attorney Answers 3


Sample NDAs are available for free at the link below.

Other agreements invariably are business-specific, so you should expect to pay an attorney to develop them if you want them created properly.

Disclaimer: This post does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


As small as your business is, if trade secrets are an issue and you're concerned about protecting your assets, you really should consider $1000 as an appropriate investment and priority to get a lawyer to prepare some basic documents.

Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


For basic business documents, such as non-disclosure agreements, you should still use an attorney for your specific circumstances, but look for attorneys who charge low fixed fees for such basic agreements.

If you would like to discuss this matter further in a more private forum, please feel free to contact me directly at the email address provided by Avvo or through my firm’s website located at

I do not know all the facts of your case, and I do not legally represent you. Although I strive to make sure the information I provide is generally accurate and useful, you should promptly consult a lawyer who can learn the details of your case more completely, to ensure that the information I provide, and your interpretation of it, is appropriate to your particular situation.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics