Business account and filing taxes

Brooklyn, NY |

If two people are holding a business account, does it matter which one of them will file the taxes?

1. Not enough information is it a corporation, partnership, LLc or LLP? Consult with a CPA about taxes.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

2. You need to be a little more specific about what sort of account you're asking about, what business it relates to, how the business is run (e.g., corporation, LLC, partnership, sole proprietorship), and the relationship of the two people in question to the business.

My answer does not constitute legal advice and may not be relied upon by anyone for any purpose and does not constitute an attorney/client relationship or an offer to form such a relationship. This disclaimer is intended to be fully compliant with the requirements of Treasury Department Circular 230 and the terms thereof are fully incorporated by reference. If you wish to consult with me please contact me at dana@nytaxcounsel or visit my website at www.nytaxcounsel.com

3. Need more information about the corporate entity. You should ask a CPA.

4. I agree..you need far more information than what you have provided.

The content of this answer has been prepared by Scott Legal Services, P.C. for general informational purposes only. It is not legal advice and should not be considered or relied upon as legal advice. Transmission or receipt of the content of this information does not create, nor is it intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Because each matter involves differing facts, online readers should not act upon the content of this website without seeking legal advice.

Business topics