Brussels Griffon puppies bought from a Naples,Florida breeder.

Orlando, FL |

We purchased 2 puppies on 3/23/13 from a breeder. The male was born 12/22/12 and the female on 12/27/12. She had the first shots for both of these dogs on 3/21/13. The Boy weighted 2.8 lbs and the female weighed 3 lbs. We took them to our vet on 3/25/13 and did not request a Parvo test since her vet said they were healthy.. On 3/6 the girl became ill and we took her back to vet-strong positive for Parvo. On 3/11 the boy was taken to vet and he also tested strong positive for Parvo. We have not had the dogs outside the home or office and certainly not at a pet store or dog park. The Breeder said none of the other 8 puppies are sick and she says her vet said they were ok. I need to know what recourse we have against this breeder for the expenses of having both dogs at the Vet on IV drips.

There are puppy lemon laws in most states and the magnuson moss consumer warranty act also applies in all states, IF a warranty was given. The FL unfair and deceptive practices act applies to consumer transactions too.

Get a low or no fee consultation from a good consumer protection atty found here:

Correction picked up 2/23/12

The so-called "puppy lemon law" is here: Whether or not you have a cause of action under the law I can't say. I suggest you speak with an attorney regarding your options.

If we do not have a signed fee agreement I am not your attorney and this is not legal advice.

The analysis begins with the contract. Did you sign a written contract and what is specifically provided under that contract? Did the breeder specifically exclude certain warranties? If you did not sign a contract, then warranties still apply. You need to consult with a local attorney.

This is not to be construed as legal advice. I do not have an attorney client relationship with you.

Lemon law topics

Recommended articles about Lemon law