Brother received a public urination citation. Missed his hearing. citation under Chapter V part J section 1003 subsection 1 A

Asked almost 2 years ago - State College, PA

If we pay the fine will it be over and done with? will it show up on his record?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Christopher M. Patterson

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Your brother should speak to a criminal defense lawyer in State College (or wherever he got the citation). It sounds as though he was cited under a local ordinance rather than the Crimes Code. Under the PA rules of criminal procedure, if an individual pleads not guilty to a citation and does not attend the scheduled hearing, it is held in his or her absence. Your brother has most likely been found guilty. He does have 30 days from the date of the conviction (hearing he missed) to appeal it. That is why I suggested he contact an attorney. There may be a diversion program he can apply for to earn a dismissal of the charge, or perhaps he has a defense to the charge.
    The offense will show up on the PA UJS web portal, but unless he was fingerprinted, it will not appear on the traditional criminal history or rap sheet. The UJS web portal is accessible on the internet.

  2. Robert C. Keller

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . There is a court record side a citation has been filed. It is suggested that he have a criminal defense attorney determine the status of the matter and to receive advise on how to proceed.

Related Topics

Fines for criminal conviction

Courts impose fines as a punishment that also provides restitution to victims and/or the government. Fines may be imposed alone or in addition to prison time.

Vache E Bahadurian

Suspended License Ticket

A common case in the Municipal Courts of New Jersey is a driver being accused of Driving a Motor Vehicle while their Driver's License is Suspended or Revoked. Thousands of individuals are... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,434 answers this week

3,426 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,434 answers this week

3,426 attorneys answering