Brother is a USC,parents are PR holder in US. I am in US on B-2 visa If my brother files my petition,can i wait in us legally?

Asked 9 months ago - Washington, DC

I-30 approval is followed by I-485 but requires the availability of current visa no.In that particular time frame since i am already in US can i continue staying in any legal capacity and work till my Visa no is current in family preference cat F-4? OR My parents(over 80 years age) Green card can help me in some capacity? I am married, over 25 years age and having 2 kids minors.Me and my wife holds Masters Degree's
OR my cousin's good business can support me in any capacity??
Guide me some workable option please.
Regards

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

14

Answered . No, but if you obtain a professional job, your employer may be able to sponsor you for an H-1B visa in 2014.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

1

Answered . No, having a sibling's petition in process does not confer a right to remain in the US during the at least 10 years that it will be pending . Since you and your wife possess Master's degrees you could find an employer willing to sponsor your for a professional worker 's visa (H-1B) on April 1, with a start date of Oct 1, 2014 (not possible before, as all H-1B numbers are exhausted until the beginning of the government 's new fiscal year which begins October 1st.)

3. Maria J. Marty

2

Answered . You can't stay while you wait for the visa to become available. However, since you are here, use your time in the US to get a job offer and perhaps you can come back on an H1B in 2014. May be worth exploring other visa categories as well as H cap exempt possibilities with an attorney before you leave.

4. Harry Asatrian

Pro

1

Answered . NO.