Broken hip while on duty without proper safety equipment ,out off work for two weeks no answer from workers comp what to do?

Asked over 2 years ago - Las Vegas, NV

doctor released me to light duty ,still in healing process ,feeling pain

Attorney answers (2)

  1. William Berry Palmer

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Workers compensation can be a very tricky area to attempt on your own. Ultimately the Dr. Can decide when to put you back to work wether that be light duty or modified duty. If you are still having pain I would recommend that you contact a workers comp attorney. My office does workers comp and would be happy to give you a free consultation. 702-888-2222

  2. John Eiler Goodwin

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If you were a civilian, Federal employee when you were injured, your pay should have been continued for 45 days as long as you filed a CA 1 Notice of traumatic Injury. After 45 days you will neeed to file a claim on a CA 7. With a broken hip, you may be entitled to a schedule award for permanent partial impairment of the lower extremity.

    I would urge you to seek the advice of a local attorney or union steward right away. Do not delay. He or she can contact OWCP to make sure the CA 1 was forwarded by your employer.

    Good luck.

Related Topics

Types of personal injuries

There are many types of personal injuries for which financial damages can be awarded, including physical, emotional, and psychological injuries.

Jon Mitchell Jackson

Automobile Accidents

Most people are not aware of the fact that motor vehicle accidents are the leading cause of injury and death in the United States. Americans collectively drive almost three trillion miles... more

Work-related personal injuries

Employees can sue for damages if they’ve suffered work-related injuries. These lawsuits are separate from workers’ compensation and cover more kinds of injury.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,149 answers this week

3,199 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,149 answers this week

3,199 attorneys answering