Broken hip while on duty without proper safety equipment ,out off work for two weeks no answer from workers comp what to do?

Asked over 2 years ago - Las Vegas, NV

doctor released me to light duty ,still in healing process ,feeling pain

1. William Berry Palmer

1

Answered . Workers compensation can be a very tricky area to attempt on your own. Ultimately the Dr. Can decide when to put you back to work wether that be light duty or modified duty. If you are still having pain I would recommend that you contact a workers comp attorney. My office does workers comp and would be happy to give you a free consultation. 702-888-2222

2. John Eiler Goodwin

1

Answered . If you were a civilian, Federal employee when you were injured, your pay should have been continued for 45 days as long as you filed a CA 1 Notice of traumatic Injury. After 45 days you will neeed to file a claim on a CA 7. With a broken hip, you may be entitled to a schedule award for permanent partial impairment of the lower extremity.

I would urge you to seek the advice of a local attorney or union steward right away. Do not delay. He or she can contact OWCP to make sure the CA 1 was forwarded by your employer.