Broken divorce decree involving my ex spouse and the house she got to keep she was to refinance and pay me equity but instead

Asked over 3 years ago - Lebanon, IN

in our divorce decree it states my ex wife got the property and was to refinance and pay me money for equity and instead without my knowledge has left the property and not paid the mortgage and now it is in foreclosure with my name on it, what do i do

Attorney answers (2)

  1. 1

    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . file a complaint for contempt and discuss your remedies in court with the judge. good luck and take care.

  2. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If you are named in the foreclosure lawsuit, you should try to work with the lender through all of the foreclosure remedies available so that you can minimize your potential liability. There is a toll free number that provides foreclosure assistance in Indiana 877-GET-HOPE.

    You may or may not have a hold harmless clause in your divorce decree. You should contact your attorney who handled the divorce (if one did) or any attorney around you and see what options you may have in the family law court as well.

    While I really do try to be as helpful as possible, you have to remember that every legal situation is unique, and... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,881 answers this week

3,719 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,881 answers this week

3,719 attorneys answering