Broke teeth finding metal piece in my chicken strips

Asked 6 months ago - Covina, CA

its a huge nationwide chain...i didnt save the metal piece or take the picture but the manager, waiter and my friend saw and witnessed it. it broke my teeth they said they may cover it so theyre being iffy. but i was eating their boneless chicken strips , thought i was chewing on a hard deep fried skin cause the food was already overcooked, then thought it was bone, then spit it out , i chewed up the metal and into tiny pieces along with the main chunk-it was a metal piece like it was broken from the chicken processing machines... i told the waiter who told the manager and he said thats odd, then they directed me to headquarters. i wish i kept the piece or took a picture but i was so in shock i didnt know what to do since i never experienced this

i was thinking if i could win this case, hire a lawyer and have them pay for lawyer fees since i cannot afford a lawyer
these are the questions they want answered but i dont have a dentist so theyll probably think its previous broken teeth:
Provide a letter stating the condition of the tooth on patient’s last (2) annual visits.
2. Include a statement as to whether tooth has been filled with silver amalgam/
porcelain, or has undergone prior root canal therapy. Please furnish dates when
either procedure was performed.
3. Include a statement as to whether the tooth is permanently crowned, bonded,
veneered, or is an implant. Please furnish dates when procedure was performed. If
tooth is part of a bridge, please specify the age of the bridge.
4. Provide copy of dental notes relevant to the last (2) annual visits.

5. Provide x-rays of the tooth to include the last (2) annual visits.

6. Furnish a plan of treatment, and an itemized bill of service for present condition.

1. Ajay Mohan Kwatra

Pro

5

1

Answered . A personal injury attorney may take this case on a contingency, deferring payment until the case is settled. You need to talk to one about all of the facts of the case. Sorry for your terrible experience!

2. Sagar P. Parikh

5

1

Answered . This would be a case that a lawyer would do on a contingency, meaning that you wouldn't have to pay anything unless the lawyer obtained a recovery.

A full consultation would be necessary to properly advise you.

3. Igor Kopilenko

Pro

4

1

Answered . Personal injury attorneys generally work on a contingency basis and will defer payment until the case is settled.

Having said that, an attorney will have to make the determination whether the case is viable and worth spending money on. This will all depend on the witnesses you have and the extend of your damages.

4. Richard Andrew Harting

Pro

4

1

Answered . contact a personal injury attorney. the fee is based on a percentage of recovery - not hourly. the attorney may also be able to assist you in finding a dentist.

5. Christopher John Gansen

3

Answered . I've seen and handled similar cases to this. You can get a free consultation from many lawyers on here, and they'll work on contingency. All the best.

6. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

4

1

Answered . You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on Avvo.com dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. The Guides can be accessed through my profile page on Avvo.com.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.