Bringing my spouse and children.

Baltimore, MD |

I'am a naturalized us citizen and iam on social security disability benefits, can i bring my spouse and children

Yes, but you may need a co-sponsor.

This answer is not to be construed as legal advice. For a free telephone consultation, contact us now at: (512) 215-5235 Austin, (214) 377-4822 Dallas, (713) 242-1783 Houston, (210) 957-8845 San Antonio Please dial extension 500

Yes, but you will probably need to find a co-sponsor for the affidavit of support requirement.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Yes, you can file family petitions for your spouse and children. SSI income probably is not enough for the affidavit of support. So, if your assets and the equity you have on your properties do not meet the requirements of the guidelines (contact an attorney to determine), you would need a co-sponsor for the affidavit of support.

Recommended articles about Family law