Skip to main content

Bridging gap between LB and HB by traveling to Cancun for new I - 94

Irving, TX |

I am on 1 - B / I - 94 expiring on June 30th , 2013 . My current employer is filing for HB . To bridge the gap between June 30th and October 1st by getting an extended I - 94 , can I travel to Cancun by air on a weekend ? I entered US for the first time in Aug 2010 and have been here since then . This is my first US visa . I have more than 5 years of validity on my passport .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


To enter the US, you need to have a valid Visa stamp for the purpose of the trip. To change status, the evidence submitted with the application to change status must show that you are in valid status on September 30th.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


I agree with my colleague

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer