Bridging gap between LB and HB by traveling to Cancun for new I - 94

Asked over 1 year ago - Irving, TX

I am on 1 - B / I - 94 expiring on June 30th , 2013 . My current employer is filing for HB . To bridge the gap between June 30th and October 1st by getting an extended I - 94 , can I travel to Cancun by air on a weekend ? I entered US for the first time in Aug 2010 and have been here since then . This is my first US visa . I have more than 5 years of validity on my passport .

1. Karen-Lee Pollak

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague

2. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . To enter the US, you need to have a valid Visa stamp for the purpose of the trip. To change status, the evidence submitted with the application to change status must show that you are in valid status on September 30th.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

One or more answers have been taken down.