Breach of contract-Urgent!

Asked about 1 year ago - New Brunswick, NJ

Hi,

I have a breach of contract issue where some IT vendor did not pay my employer. My employer is in mid-west and they gave me a power of attorney to fight in NJ superior court on their behalf. How does that work? Who signs the paperwork, who is the plaintiff etc..How does one handle this in NJ superior court as representing someone as power of attorney?

1. Allan E Richardson

7

Answered . Unless you are an attorney, you can't represent a corporation in New Jersey courts. Hire a lawyer. Good luck.

2. Matthew C Simon

Pro

4

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. A non-lawyer cannot represent a Company in Court. Your employer needs to hire an attorney in New Jersey (even if to just review the contract and discuss/write an opinion letter). Many attorneys, such as myself, offer free 30 minute consultations. Good luck.

3. Adam Lefkowitz

3

Answered . Your safest and best course of action is to immediately hire an attorney. Breach of contract issues have a statute of limitations so it is important to file suit as soon as possible.

4. Andrew Endicott Schrafel

4

Answered . Power of attorney doesn't make any sense in this case. Your employer should hire an attorney in their area to advise them.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now