Breach of contract-Urgent!

Asked about 1 year ago - New Brunswick, NJ


I have a breach of contract issue where some IT vendor did not pay my employer. My employer is in mid-west and they gave me a power of attorney to fight in NJ superior court on their behalf. How does that work? Who signs the paperwork, who is the plaintiff etc..How does one handle this in NJ superior court as representing someone as power of attorney?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Allan E Richardson

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Unless you are an attorney, you can't represent a corporation in New Jersey courts. Hire a lawyer. Good luck.

    A response to a question posted on Avvo is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. It is... more
  2. Matthew C Simon


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues. A non-lawyer cannot represent a Company in Court. Your employer needs to hire an attorney in New Jersey (even if to just review the contract and discuss/write an opinion letter). Many attorneys, such as myself, offer free 30 minute consultations. Good luck.

    The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-... more
  3. Adam Lefkowitz

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Your safest and best course of action is to immediately hire an attorney. Breach of contract issues have a statute of limitations so it is important to file suit as soon as possible.

    Disclaimer: For a free consultation contact me directly at 973-519-0196 or If this... more
  4. Andrew Endicott Schrafel

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Power of attorney doesn't make any sense in this case. Your employer should hire an attorney in their area to advise them.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now