Breach of confidential information given by the employer

Inwood, WV |
Filed under: Employee rights

I have an ex who is determined to make me loose my job. He called them making accusations that I was using drugs. Due to random drug policy I submitted to a test. He then called them back and told them that my daughter pee'd for me. They told him they would retest and he called me that weekend to go out to dinner. The next day I was sick and called in. The following day I went in and was subjected to a 2nd test this time observed. Was it legal for them to release information about the testing to him and which allowed him the chance to drug me and make me loose my job?

1. No, unless the employer was subpoenaed to produce the results to the court.

To questioners from West Virginia & New York: Although I am licensed to practice in your state, I practice on a day-to-day basis in Massachusetts. I answer questions in your state in areas of the law in which I practice, and in which I feel comfortable trying to offer you assistance based on my knowledge of specific statutes in your state and/or general principles applicable in all states. It is always best, however, to work with attorneys and court personnel in your own area to deal with specific problems and factual situations.