Boyfriend Saved My life from asthma attack but had to break my work door.. police saying its a misdemeanor.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Enfield, CT

I was closing the place I work at and I had an asthma attack while my boyfriend was outside. he saw me having an asthma attack and he had my inhaler so he tried to open the door.. realizing that i had locked it from the inside he got scared and broke the door. gave me my inhaler. and i got scared and didnt want to tell my boss so we left without telling police. 2 weeks later police got statement from me about the asthma attack and are saying its a misdemeanor can he go to jail and get introuble for saving my life?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Herbert J Tan

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I would be curious to see what they charged your boyfriend with. Assuming it is some form of destruction of property charge, he appears to have a valid defense. You should really contact a local attorney to assist you.

    Herbert Tan, Esq.

    The National Newark Building
    744 Broad Street, 16th Fl.
    Newark, New Jersey 07102
    (973) 735-2681 (W)
    (973) 735-2682 (F)

    Manhattan Office
    305 Broadway, 14th Floor
    New York, New York 10007
    (888) TAN-LAWS

    Member of National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA)

  2. Max L Rosenberg


    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Hello, I am an attorney licensed in Connecticut and New York and my offices are in Stratford, CT. I think your boyfriend would do well to hire a local attorney who can assist him in the criminal matter. If he has no criminal history things may even move relatively quickly. Please feel free to contact us for further information and assistance.

    We can be reached at 203-870-6700. Our web address is: www. Answers on Avvo are not to be... more
  3. George Ellis Corson IV


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I think you should offer to pay for the door, but it will probably not stand up to criminal charges in the face of a life-threatening medical situation. You may also get fired, not for breaking door, but for leaving the place unsecured and failing to report the damage.

    Attorneys are very competitive. Choose the Best Answer so we know who helped you the most.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,809 answers this week

3,062 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,809 answers this week

3,062 attorneys answering