Boyfriend now husband was deported to Honduras.

Miami Beach, FL |

My husband, then boyfriend, was deported from Miami on Feb. 22, 2013. I have travel to Honduras and married him. This is his second deportation. I am wondering if their is any petition or form that can benefit him in becoming a US resident?

If they reinstated a prior removal, he can immigrate possible after 10 years, and if he was convicted of an aggravated felony, 20 years.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

I agree with Attorney Berman.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

At a minimum, he has to remain outside the US ten years. Whether he can legally live in the US after that depends on the reason he got deported. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney to have his case properly evaluated. Good luck.

714-560-0040. The answer provided is general in nature and because not all facts are known, it should not be construed as legal advice. The answer does not create an attorney/client relationship.

The fact that he has been deported multiple times does not bode well for his return. The history of his case is going to be quite relevant in formulating a plan for his possible return. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney for assistance.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.

If you have been ordered removed and have left the U.S., it will probably be extremely difficult to obtain permission to permanently return. In order to do so, you will need two things: an approved visa petition, and a waiver of inadmissibility. If you are applying to return to the United States permanently, you will be applying for an immigrant vi

I agree with Mr. Pineda that at a minimum, your husband will be barred from entering the US for 10 years. However, depending on what he was deported for, he may be eligible for a waiver. You should contact an experienced attorney.