Boy is indian citizen and hindu, married in india, now in US on H1B visa, wife never came to USA want help on divorce

Columbus, OH |

I am H1B Visa holder, I had arranged marriage and after marriage I came to know that my wife got married because of her parents pressure. When she appear for H4 Visa she got 221G Query, though she was carrying all required documents which consulate mention in 221G form. I found out that she is not serious and interested in this marriage. After investigating I found that she had affair before marriage, which she continued after marriage also when I come back to USA to resume my job. I had evidence of her affairs and now i want to apply for divorce. Is it possible for me to get Divorce here without going back to India.

You need to check with a family law attorney in the state where you reside.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
Concentrating in Immigration Law

2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
San Diego, CA 92108 | (619) 299-9600
Fax: (619) 923-3277

Former Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
University of Illinois College of Law

It is really complicated and might not be recognized in India if you try to do a divorce in the US.

I think you're better off hiring a lawyer in India.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- -- -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Yes, absolutely. And it will be much faster than the time it would take in Hindustan. Make sure to consult with and hopefully hire a divorce lawyer in your town.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Contact a domestic relations (divorce) attorney in you state of residence.

Robert Brown LLC
1476 W. 9th Street, Suite 800
Cleveland, Ohio 44113

Recommended articles about Divorce