Boy is American US citizen, but settled in India having his own business. Will his wife have an issue getting a visitors visa?

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

Boy is American US citizen, but settled in India having his own business in India. Girl he is getting married to , is rejected twice for her visitors visa under 214B . Will his being a USA citizen and living in India probe as a problem if his wife applies for the 3rd time for visitors visa?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If she has been unable to establish nonimmigrant intent twice, marrying a US citizen certainly will make her task ever more difficult.

    Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: (English) (Spanish)

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. Luis Raul Scott Jr.

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . If the basis is for her to come with the USC boyfriend, there is always the issue of whether the person really has the intent of just visiting or if they are trying to use the visitor visa to get to the US to qualify for some sort of immigration benefit. It is hard to say if it will get denied a third time but the fact that it has been denied already twice may be a good indication that she will have problems the third time. Hard to say though.

  3. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Marrying a US citizen not only does not make it easier to get a B-2 visa, but actually makes it much harder.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,453 answers this week

2,941 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,453 answers this week

2,941 attorneys answering