Bought used car can i return it after 2 weeks

Orlando, FL |
Filed under: Used cars Car repairs

i bought a used 06 bmw 325i from the dealer it has it has a/c issues that will cost close to $3000 to fix can i return it back to the dealer? it hasnt been 2 weeks yet

Some states have a vehicle purchase "cool down" period during which you have specific rights by statute after the purchase of a vehicle from a dealer. You will need to find out what rights you have under Florida law. Otherwise, the question will be whether the dealership knew or had reason to know about the air conditioning issues and what type of representations the dealer made about the condition of the vehicle during purchase negotiations.

I would suggest contacting the dealer and letting them know what you have learned about the problems with the car and insist that they either accept the return or pay for repair. If they do not cooperate, you may need to speak to a lawyer in Florida that specializes in these types of consumer issues.

ask the dealer to take it back or fix it. If they refuse, contact a local lemon law lawyer.

This response is not intended to act as legal advice. I am not licensed to practice law in any state other than the State of Illinois. No attorney-client relationship is formed until you sign an attorney-client agreement with my office.

Florida has a lemon law. You may want to repost your question under consumer law for a definitive answer.

Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or my firm. We would be more than happy to set up a free consultation if you call us at 407-228-3838 and specifically mention AVVO or email me at and put AVVO in the subject line.

Lemon law topics

Recommended articles about Lemon law