Bought house at foreclosure. Boat in side yard and automobile in carport. What can I do to claim these? Do I have them towed?

Asked about 2 years ago - Jacksonville, FL

Boat and car left behind by former owner of house. I purchased house at foreclosure sale. What do I do to legally get title to these?

1. Sheryl Ann Edwards

Pro

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . You may have them towed under the provisions of Section 715.07, Florida Statutes.

2. Robert Jason De Groot

Pro

1

1

Answered . Great question. You can have them towed by a towing and storage company who would eventually sell them to recover their towing and storage expenses, after getting title, legally. Perhaps there is a way for you to start charging for storage to eventually get title just like a towing company would. Consult with an attorney and a towing and storage company in your area.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239