Bought house and the pvc pipes are not glued together do I have to pay for the repairs?

Asked over 1 year ago - Clinton Township, MI

prevous owner built house, the plumbing that was behind walls are all pvc and are not glued they are just put togther, who is responsible? I had inspection but the problem wasnt visable.

1. Ezra N. Goldman

3

1

Answered . You need to get a price on all this before anyone can give you a practical response. I have brought these lawsuits before -- expect to be into it for $5,000 and then, you may not win all of your damages. and you may not recover your attorney fees. You need ALOT of damage to make the legal pursuit of this worthwhile.

2. James P. Frederick

2

1

Answered . I agree with Attorney Smith. You should contact a contractor to determine how much it would cost to remedy the problem. I would then have a lawyer write a demand letter to the former owner. You do not say when you purchased the home, but there is a statute of limitations, so you need to keep that in mind, as well.

James Frederick

3. Reese Serra

2

Answered . I would like to investigate this claim. Please contact me if you are interested. - Reese Serra

4. Cheryl Rivera Smith

3

1

Answered . This would be considered a latent defect. You might have a case and you should consult with a local real estate attorney.