Skip to main content

Bought house and the pvc pipes are not glued together do I have to pay for the repairs?

Clinton Township, MI |

prevous owner built house, the plumbing that was behind walls are all pvc and are not glued they are just put togther, who is responsible? I had inspection but the problem wasnt visable.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. This would be considered a latent defect. You might have a case and you should consult with a local real estate attorney.

  2. I agree with Attorney Smith. You should contact a contractor to determine how much it would cost to remedy the problem. I would then have a lawyer write a demand letter to the former owner. You do not say when you purchased the home, but there is a statute of limitations, so you need to keep that in mind, as well.

    James Frederick

    ***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ***************************************** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state. I hope you our answer helpful!

  3. I would like to investigate this claim. Please contact me if you are interested. - Reese Serra

    This advise is only being offered as a courtesy. We do not have an attorney-client relationship and I do not represent you. Additional, the advice I have provided was based on the limited fact pattern provided by you. If the facts differ, my advice may not be correct. If you live in Michigan and would like legal assistance with your issue, feel free to contact me: 586-615-0756 / (ADVERTISING MATERIAL)

  4. You need to get a price on all this before anyone can give you a practical response. I have brought these lawsuits before -- expect to be into it for $5,000 and then, you may not win all of your damages. and you may not recover your attorney fees. You need ALOT of damage to make the legal pursuit of this worthwhile.

Real estate topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics