Bought a vacation package a year ago. Want to get money back.

Deltona, FL |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

We bought a vacation package approximately a year ago when we went to one of those "time share" things where we listen to what they have to sell. They "financed" the package for us. It was more of a lay-a-way than financing. That was one of two things that was unclear. When I called to book the vacation, I was told I had to pay it off. Anyhow...I think I have one or two more months worth of payments and I believe the whole thing totaled around $1,500. We have it booked for March 2014. At this point, I just want my money back. Are they required if I ask them to return the money since I haven't used it yet?

1. I can't imagine you get your money back here. Without seeing the documents you signed -- because you must have signed documents -- no one on this message board can offer you good advice. My educated guess is the only way you get out of this obligation is to sell your interests!

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

2. Attorneys cannot give advice about contracts that they cannot see. I too doubt that you will get any money back whatsoever.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq.,

3. Your purchase/financing/layaway documents undoubtedly cover efforts to terminate the agreement.
    You should read the provisions, but the magic 8 ball says you likely won't like what you find there.