Bought a used car and it doesnt run what do i do to get my money back?

Lubbock, TX |
Filed under: Lemon law Used cars

i just bought a fifteen hundred dollar car off of a small car dealer in lubbock texas and i gave him a thousand dollars i ve had the car an hour and it does int wanna start he never gave me no dealer tags he told me if i got pulled over just say im test drivin it its a headache i just want my money back and look else where

1. In a used car sale, your legal rights are mostly determined by the paperwork that you sign. Look to see if anything was written down about any kind of warranty or guarantee. Also there’s a federal law that requires all car dealers to post on the window of all used cars they are selling a special “Buyer Guide” form (it’s often called a Used Car Window Sticker) that discloses whether or not a warranty comes with the car. Many small lot car dealers don’t comply with the law. If they don’t, then you may end up with a warranty after all and you may even have the right to cancel the sale. The back side of the form has to be completely filled out and many car lots, big and small, fail to do that too and that can also trigger your right to cancel the deal. You can see what the Buyer Guide form looks like on this web site page: http://ohiolemonlaw.com/used-car-lemon-law.html . You need to talk to a local Consumer Law attorney who deals with this kind of case (it's called "autofraud" or car sales fraud). Call your local attorney's Bar Association or you can go to this web site page (http://ohiolemonlaw.com/locate-a-local-attorney.html) for a nation-wide listing of consumer lawyers and find one near you (lawyers don’t pay to get listed here and most of them are members of the only national association for Consumer Law lawyers, NACA.net). Also, for every legal right you have, you only have a limited amount of time to actually file a lawsuit in court or you automatically lose (it's called the statute of limitations), so don't waste your time getting to an attorney and finding out what your rights are.

Lemon law topics