Boss will not pay me my wages

Asked about 1 year ago - Tampa, FL

What can I do if my boss will not pay me my wages, and the company does not make enough money to be under the fair labor standards act?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. David P Fraser

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Regardless of whether the employer is covered by the FLSA, it still has to pay you money you've earned.

    The information provided is not legal advice and no attorney client relationship will arise based upon this... more
  2. Rachel A Lyne

    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . You should contact the Department of Labor's Wage and Hour Commission. The commission can start an investigation of why you have not been paid. The location you need to call is as follows:

    Tampa District Office
    US Dept. Of Labor
    Wage & Hour Division
    4200 W Cypress Street, Suite 444
    Tampa, FL 33607

    (813) 288-1242

    James Schmidt
    District Director

    This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. Hiring an attorney is an important undertaking.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,290 answers this week

2,902 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,290 answers this week

2,902 attorneys answering