Boss will not pay me my wages

Tampa, FL |

What can I do if my boss will not pay me my wages, and the company does not make enough money to be under the fair labor standards act?

Regardless of whether the employer is covered by the FLSA, it still has to pay you money you've earned.

The information provided is not legal advice and no attorney client relationship will arise based upon this information. If you decide to retain an attorney a separate discussion regarding your rights will have to occur. Do not rely on any of the information provided in deciding whether or not to act. David Fraser disclaims any liability for actions that are taken by individuals based upon the information provided. CONSULT AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR JURISDICTION BEFORE TAKING ANY LEGAL ACTION.

You should contact the Department of Labor's Wage and Hour Commission. The commission can start an investigation of why you have not been paid. The location you need to call is as follows:

Tampa District Office
US Dept. Of Labor
Wage & Hour Division
4200 W Cypress Street, Suite 444
Tampa, FL 33607

(813) 288-1242

James Schmidt
District Director

This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. Hiring an attorney is an important undertaking. An individual seeking legal advice should ensure that the attorney is licenses to practice law in the state in which the individual needs representation. A review of the State Bar's website is a good start in educating yourself about an attorney. Ms. Compton is a Florida Bar Licenses attorney and practices law in Florida only.

Recommended articles about Employment