Bond to stay away from wife, but does NOT include our kids. She refuses arrangement for me to see them. What rights do I have?

Chicago, IL |

We have children together. My wife took off ("legally kidnapped") our children & moved to another city. My wife had me charged with Domestic Battery, so I have a bond condition to stay away from my wife, but not from our children. I have requested to see them via 3rd party to avoid violating bond by getting them from her. She refused to make any such arrangement. And to make sure I don't see the kids, she's threatened an order of protection against me for the kids...as unfounded as that is. Do I not have a right to be with my kids? Can the court order her to cooperate? If she does file an OoP how can i fight that?

yes you have a right to see your kids. yes you should go to court to enforce that right. yes you can fight the oop.

best if you hire a family law lawyer to help you.

If you do not have a lawyer4, you really need one. You have a right to see your children if there is no order preventing you from doing to. You have a right to defend the OP. You have many good attorneys in your area. Speak with several experienced practitioners and hire the one you like the best.

http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/60448-il-judy-goldstein-1137006.html?ref=qad_answer_name I wish she spend more time on her client, instead commenting with no contents on avvo.com "go straight hire lawyer". Isn't this violation of attorney client privilege what you responded against your client? stay away Posted by a Divorce client, 11 days ago. Flag Overall rating PoorTrustworthy PoorResponsive PoorKnowledgeable PoorKept me informed Poor I do not recommend Judy Goldstein. I used Judy 6-12 months ago. Judy handled my Divorce / Separation matter. I have previously worked with no lawyers. She does not keep you informed will keep pushing cases longer than need be to get more money out of you. She doesn't return phone calls, has a secretary who apparently does relay messages. Not trustworthy at all. Beware is all I have to say. She is in a hurry to bill you and bleed you dry yet she doesn't keep you informed unless you call the office and then you'll be lucky if you get a call back if you are leaving a message with that incompetent secretary...for the money she charges keeping clients posted should be a priority. Judy Goldstein Lawyer’s Comment: Stephanie was kept apprised of every aspect of her case. Letters went out. Telephone calls were placed. Voice messages were left. 9.5 months after her file was closed, Stephanie called at 6: 11 pm. the evening before and twice again on the Thursday before Labor Day weekend. She spoke to my assistant the first time and left a voice mail later the same day, demanding an immediate return call or she would file a police report. I was out of town and did not receive the messages until the following Tuesday but believed I would see her the following day. There was nothing that could have been done in the meantime. We substantially reduced Stephanie’s initial retainer as a courtesy. After her divorce was finalized, she had a relatively small balance but probably would not have had a balance had we requested our usual retainer. We billed her on a regular basis, as is our policy for all clients. Nearly 3 months after Stephanie’s file was closed, we placed our first call requesting payment of the balance due. 5 more calls went out over the next 5 months. We received no return calls. I guess that is what Stephanie refers to as “in a hurry to bill.” Stephanie’s divorce took about 6 months to complete which was quite reasonable considering she had children and a house which was sold. The duration of a case has no bearing on the amount of billable time spent. During the time we represented her, Stephanie called the office 7 times and each of her calls was handled but did not require a return call. Two of those calls were to schedule an appointment. Another was simply to report a change of address. Letters went out advising Stephanie of the progress of her case. I’m sorry that Stephanie is so unhappy with our representation. There is really nothing more we could have done for her. Do not hire Judy Goldstein Posted by Frank, a Divorce client, over 1 year ago. Flag Overall rating PoorTrustworthy PoorResponsive PoorKnowledgeable AverageKept me informed Poor I do not recommend Judy Goldstein. I used Judy 1-3 years ago. Judy handled my Divorce / Separation matter. I have previously worked with 1-2 lawyers. Judy interviews well and comes across as folksy. Once you pay her retainer, however, you're in for a ride. She does not return phone calls yet charges you for leaving voice-mail. She does not explain her bills. She did not advance my cause. She charges for sending a monthly statement then charges to ask questions about the statement but does not address the issues. If you fire her she will attack with a vengeance and generate bills that even a judge cannot understand. I have personally witnessed Judy lie to a judge in open court in order to extract more money from me. Do not hire Judy Goldstein. Painful subject Posted by ANON, over 2 years ago. Flag Overall rating PoorTrustworthy PoorResponsive PoorKnowledgeable PoorKept me informed Poor I

You need to file an action in the probate and Family Court.

henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- attorneylebensbaum@verizon.net (978) 749-3606.
Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.

Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.

Judy A. Goldstein

Judy A. Goldstein

gary commented before and here you are again. In Illinois,, where you are not licensed, the above referenced type of case is not heard in probate court.

Judy, thank you for pointing this out and correcting for the state where my case is!!

File a motion to modify the bond conditions. If she files a petition for an order of protection you can oppose same and request visitation/scheduling with the minors.