Blue Cross cancellation of my policy

Asked about 6 years ago - Charlotte, NC

My family has been a Blue Cross policyholder for 7 years. In Oct, 2007 I asked Blue Cross to change the primary insured on my policy to my wife.

The administrative person at Blue Cross misunderstood the request and canceled my policy. The policy on my wife and daughter was not canceled. I discovered the error 12 days later. Blue Cross says that I needed to notify them of the error within 10 days of the change.

I now have no insurance. I have asked for reinstatement to the original policy terms, but Blue Cross has refused. What can I do?

1. Michael E Hendrickson

1

Answered . This kind of rigid position for a simple mistake on the part of a policy holder by a large health care provider such as Blue Cross makes no sense at all. You need to go back to this organization and request to speak with the supervisor/manger of the employee(s) who denied your reinstatement, and, if necessary, keep going up the hierarchy of management until you can ger a reversal of this decision.