Blew a 0.0 on a DUI however controlled substiences we're in my urine

Asked about 2 years ago - Punta Gorda, FL

I have a previous DUI from 2006 when I was just 19 and my driving record includes quite a few tickets however this particular situation the cop aggressively followed me and pulled me over for failing to stop at a stop sign which i defiantly recall stopping at either way in the car there were open containers and another passenger which they belong to I preformed the field sobriety test however he made me preform them multiple times at this point I became very aggravated and got a little rude with the cop demanding he let me blow to prove I had nothing to drink (no clue he was going to arrest me in order to blow) I was placed under arrest charged with a DUI at the jail I blew a 0.0 but my urine came back with controlled substiences from days before

1. Anthony Rubino

8

Answered . Testing positive for a controlled substance can be the basis for a DUI charge. Any substance that affects your normal faculties may be considered by a jury.

You definitely need to consider retaining a skilled criminal defense attorney to help you fight this charge. This would be considered a 2nd DUI outside of 5 years from the 1st. Therefore, it could result in enhanced penalties but not a mandatory jail sentence.

Best of luck.

2. Robert Jason De Groot

Pro

4

Answered . Controlled substances in your urine can show that your normal faculties were impaired. Get an attorney to fight this.

3. Zachary Cooper

3

Answered . In most states a controlled substance is just as bad as alcohol in your system. I reccomend that you contact a DUI attorney from your state ASAP to see if there is anything you can do to fight these charges or mitigate what you may be looking at.