Blackmail sex and nude pictures

Perryville, MD |

I wanted to know what legally can be done if my wife had sex with another person and he also has nude photos of her and blackmails or harasses her and threatens her with then and what she did?If he is in NC and she is in MD what needs to be done for any type of court order or lawsuit?

I assume the sex was consensual so you cannot charge him with rape. You can notify him in writing through an attorney that any attempt to publicize the pictures will lead to a criminal and civil suit. Are you and your wife willing to have this affair and the fact the pictures exist made public? If you are then file a police complaint in NC and file a civil suit in MD. Explicit threats by phone or mail to blackmail her are crimes.
You might find my legal guide on selecting and hiring a lawyer helpful.
You might find my legal guide on Is it Legal? Is it Illegal? helpful.
You might find my legal guide on the understanding the different court systems helpful.
You might find my legal guide on legal terms used in litigation helpful.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
Mr. Sarno is licensed to practice law in NJ and NY. His response here is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/ client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter in question. Many times the questioner may leave out details which would make the reply unsuitable. Mr. Sarno strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their own state to acquire more information.

Obviously there are numerous facts that may play into any recommended course of action. If your wife posed for the photographs and signed a release, that will present an entirely different problem than if your wife had an affair and was photographed by someone hiding in a closet. I recommend that you immediately consult with a local attorney who may be able to assist you. It is entirely possible that you may be able to get a TRO prohibiting the blackmailer from using the photographs for any purpose prior to a court hearing on the matter, at which time you can seek to have the photographs and negatives returned. (If he keeps any of them and uses them for any purpose, then that would be separately punishable as a violation of a court order.) I also agree that you may wish to pursue criminal prosecution of the blackmailer, and recommend that you contact your local district attorney's office to discuss that option.