Blackmail - " Sign the child support order, or I will tell the judge you are a prostitute¨ Civil Lawsuit?

Seattle, WA |

This Question is Posed for ACADEMIC purposes only. So, do not worry about malpractice or giving legal advice based on limited knowledge. John Q threatens woman who worked as an exotic dancer, that he will tell the Family Court Judge she crossed a line and sleeps with men for money. From an ACADEMIC perspective, lay it out and tell me as a lawyer what you would LOVE doing to a man who would do such a thing.

extortion is a crime. If you have been a victim of a crime, you should call the police.

[In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does it form an attorney-client relationship.]

But on the other hand, statements made to a judge are privledged. And frankly, any one can tell a judge any darned thing they want. The Judge has heard it before, I promise you. And the threat to promise to keep quiet in exchange for a reduced support obligation - unless John could PROVE that an exotic dancer was somehow a less capable parent (on the basis of her career) . . . and well. Good luck with THAT. WA courts believe that both parents should be out working at least 40 hours a week, and the child should be in care. I kid you not.

The only thing John would be demonstrating to the Court is that he has terrible judgment. I wouldn't have to do anything, I'd stand back and let the Court do its job.

Elizabeth Powell

Using Avvo does not form an attorney client relationship.

Recommended articles about Family law