Birth Certificate for Immigration!

I'm applying for Marriage based AOS and I'm from India.

Regarding,my birth certificate i have a question is it mandatory to have my name on the birth certificate?

I am asking this because as i was born on 10/15/1980 my birth was registered with the concerned authority on 10/18/1980 and at that time my parents never decided a name for me.

I got it notarized and translated into English from my native language but "Name" section is blank and it just shows my D.O.B, my place of birth,my parents names etc.

This is not good.

Didn't they ever add your name later?

Meet with an attorney and talk about the Department of State Reciprocity Table.

By the way ... 'notarizing' a photo copy is a waste money and has no value.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

Yes, your birth certificate needs to have your name on it. If you are unable to otbain a conforming birth certificate, then you may be able to supplement it with affidavits from your parents. But first you should see if your parents can obtain a ful birth certificate for you now that includes your name.

Without a name, how is USCIS going to believe it is your birth certificate?

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Recommended articles about Immigration