Biometrics Green-card Fingerprinting

Chicago, IL |

I have a finger printing Biometrics appointment at the same time we've scheduled vacation. Can I have an infopass appointment to have it done earlier. I am aware I can postponed to a later date but I do not like that option. Is there a golden key to convince the finger printing office to do my biometrics.

It depends on the local ASC, but generally there's not an issue if you just walk in with your appointment notice and ID and ask them to do it then. No golden key necessary. I'd suggest doing this sooner rather than later in case there are any problems. Wouldn't want to ruin your vacation!

2. You have to either reschedule your planned vacation (which I recommend) or reschedule your AOS case processing which would delay your case and potentially place you in a slow moving track. The choice if yours, of course.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professionally competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide a competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions expressed are general in nature, and may not apply to specific, factual or legal circumstances related to one's present legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in that State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive comprehensive legal assistance before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois

3. You can try going to the ASC with your appointment notice and see if they can assist you sooner. However, since it won't be your scheduled appointment time, they could refuse. If possible you should go sometime in the next few days. That way if they cannot assist you, you still have time to contact USCIS and reschedule your appointment for sometime after your vacation.

4. There is certainly no harm trying to get it done earlier by going to the application support center and asking them. You may be able to go to an ASC in the place where you are vacationing as well.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.